The information technology group (ABSsIT) provides faculty, staff, and students with advanced information technology, computing, communication and data analysis expertise in support of research, teaching and extension. This encompasses a wide range of technical disciplines including: systems and database design and development, communications networking, statistical analysis, computer programming, operations research, bioinformatics, mathematical model development and implementation, computer graphics and multi-media, audio visual, web site and web application development.
Current IT and Computing Environment:
- Wired and wireless networking throught the building ANNU
- Departmental servers, one of which is the main file server, which provides network authentication, secure home directory space, the main web server, and application delivery.
- High performance, big memory, many core servers used for heavy numerical computation.
- Printing services, presentation devices, and multimedia development tools,
- Video conferencing equipment.
- Purchasing, setup, and installation and maintenance of computers and peripherals.
- A well equipped IT support centre
- Support for all major operating systems(Microsoft, *nix, Mac)
- Fundamental programming support for various languages and software development tools.
- Analytical software packages such as SAS, SPSS, Maple, Matlab, R, ACSL, and others with a more specific application
- Server management, maintenance and administration
- Custom research and teaching software and systems development including databases.
- Consulting on information technology, data processing, data recovery, and statistical/mathematical issues
- Documentation and training
- Help desk support - send email requests and problems to email@example.com