Library Support for Students
Learning Services, part of the Learning & Curriculum Support team in McLaughlin Library, supports students in their transitions to new academic environments. We offer many resources and programs to help students make the transition from online learning back to in-person learning.
Our services include:
- Appointments with professional staff or Peer Helpers to help students identify and implement effective study strategies or time management techniques.
- Workshops on Learning in In-Person Lectures (Sept 29) and Midterm Prep (October 4)
- The Thriving in Action online workshop series integrates techniques for building motivation, optimism, and resilience with learning strategies in time management, note-taking, and exam preparation.
- The Succeed at Exams guide includes sections on preparing for and studying effectively for exams, managing exam stress, and writing online exams and in-person exams.
- Supported Learning Groups (SLGs) provide opportunities for students to review course material in a small-group setting on a regular basis. SLGs are provided for historically challenging courses which meet specific criteria.