Position/Title: Postdoctoral Fellow
Office: ANNU 110A
I am a postdoctoral researcher working in Christine Baes’ group on the Resilient Dairy Genome Project. My research interests include working with genomic data to study genetic diversity and adaptation in domestic and wild animals.
- PhD in Agriculture, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences (Uppsala, Sweden), 2017
- PhD in Animal Genetics, AgroParisTech (Paris, France) and Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (Tolosan-Castanet, France), 2017
- MSc in Integrative Biology, University of Guelph (Guelph, ON, Canada), 2013
- BSc in Animal Biology, University of Guelph (Guelph, ON, Canada), 2011
Postdoctoral research experience
- Wageningen University and Research (Wageningen, the Netherlands), 2019-2021
- Visiting postdoctoral researcher, Cornell University (Ithaca, NY, USA), 2018
- Uppsala University (Uppsala, Sweden), 2017-2018
- Rochus CM, Jonas E, Johansson AM (2020). Population structure of five native sheep breeds of Sweden estimated with high density SNP genotypes. BMC Genetics, 21 (27) (https://doi.org/10.1186/s12863-020-0827-8)
- Pettersson, ME, Rochus CM, Han F, Chen J, Hill J, Wallerman O, Fan G, Hong X, Xu Q, Zhang H, Liu S, Liu X, Haggerty L, Hunt T, Martin FJ, Flicek P, Bunikis I, Folkvord A, Andersson L (2019). A chromosome-level assembly of the Atlantic herring – detection of a supergene and other signals of selection. Genome Research (https://doi.org/10.1101/gr.253435.119).
- Rochus CM, Westberg Sunesson K, Jonas E, Mikko S, Johansson AM (2019). Mutations in ASIP and MC1R: Dominant black and recessive black alleles segregate in native Swedish sheep populations. Animal Genetics (https://doi.org/10.1111/age.12837).
- Holborn M, Rochus CM, Ang KP, Elliott JAK, Leadbeater S, Powell F, Boulding EG (2019). Family-based genome wide association analysis for salmon lice (Lepeophtheirus salmonis) resistance in North American Atlantic salmon using a 50K SNP array. Aquaculture, 511 (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.aquaculture.2019.734215).
- Rochus CM, Tortereau F, Plisson-Petit F, Restoux G, Moreno C, Tosser-Klopp G, Servin B (2018). Revealing the selection history of adaptive loci using genome-wide scans for selection: an example from domestic sheep. BMC Genomics, 2018:19(71) (https://doi.org/10.1186/s12864-018-4447-x).