Position/Title: Research Associate; Adjunct Professor
Phone: (519) 824-4120 ext. 52643
Mechanistic Enzymology; Enzyme and Microbial Technology; Fiber Digestion
- Wang W, Archbold T, Kimber MS, Lam JS and Fan MZ. A processive endoglucanase with multi-substrate specificity is characterized from porcine gut microbiota. 2019, Scientific Reports. 9:13630
- Sarch C, Suzuki H, Master ER, Wang W*. Kinetics and regioselectivity of three GH62 α-L-arabinofuranosidases from plant pathogenic fungi. 2019, Biochim Biophys Acta Gen. Subj., 1863,1070-1078.
- Razeq FM, Jurak E, Stogios P, Yan R, Maija Tenkanen M, Wang W, Master ER. A novel acetyl xylan esterase enabling complete deacetylation of substituted xylans. 2018, Biotech. Biofuels. 11 (1), 74.
- Wang W*, Andric N, Sarch C, Teixeira BS, Tenkanen M, Master ER. Constructing arabinofuranosidases for dual arabinoxylan debranching activity. 2018, Biotech. Bioeng. 115(1):41-49.
- Wong MT, Wang W, Couturier M, Razeq FM, Lombard V, Lapebie P, Edwards EA, Henrissat B, Terrapon N, Master ER. Comparative metagenomics of cellulose- and poplar hydrolysate-degrading microbial cultures from beaver dropping and moose rumen. 2017, Front. Microbiol. 8: 2504.
- Yan R, Vuong TV, Wang W, Master ER. Action of a GH115 α-glucuronidase from Amphibacillus xylanus at alkaline condition promotes release of 4-O-methyl glucopyranosyluronic acid from glucuronoxylan and arabinoglucuronoxylan. 2017, Enzyme and Microbial Technology. 104:22-28.
- Wang W, Yan R, Nocek BP, Vuong TV, Leo RD, Xu X, Cui H, Gatenholm P, Toriz G, Tenkanen M, Savchenko A, Master ER. Biochemical and structural characterization of a five-domain GH115 α-glucuronidase from the marine bacterium Saccharophagus degradans 2-40T. 2016, J. Biol. Chem. 291(27):14120-33.
- Wong MT, Wang W, Lacourt M, Couturier M, Edwards E, Master ER. Substrate-driven convergence of the microbial community in lignocellulose-amended enrichments of gut microflora from the Canadian beaver (Castor canadensis) and North American moose (Alces americanus). 2016, Front. Microbiol. 7:961.
- Wang W, Mai-Gisondi G, Stogios P, Kaur A, Xu X, Cui Hong, Turunen O, Savchenko A and Master ER. Elucidation of the molecular basis for arabinoxylan-debranching activity of a thermostable family GH62 α-L-arabinofuranosidase from Streptomyces thermoviolaceus. 2014, Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 80(17): 5317–29.
- Scott M, Wang W and Seah SY. Biochemical and structural analysis of RraA proteins to decipher their relationships with 4‑hydroxy-4-methyl-2-oxoglutarate/4- 3 carboxy-4-hydroxy-2-oxoadipate aldolases. 2014, Biochemistry. 53:542-55.
- Wang W, Archbold T, Kimber MS, Li J, Lam JS and Fan MZ. Porcine gut microbial metagenomic library for mining novel cellulases established from growing pigs fed cellulose-supplemented high-fat diets. 2012, J. Animal Sci. 90 (Suppl. 4):400-402.
- Coincon M, Wang W, Sygusch J and Seah SY. Crystal structure of reaction intermediates in pyruvate Class II aldolase: substrate cleavage, enolate stabilization and substrate specificity. 2012, J. Biol. Chem. 287(43):36208-36221.
- Wang W, Scott M, Kimber MS and Seah SY. Structural and kinetic characterization of HMG/CHA aldolase; a protocatechuate degradation enzyme evolutionarily convergent with the HpaI and DmpG pyruvate aldolases. 2010, J. Biol. Chem. 285: 36608-36615.
- Wang W, Baker P and Seah SY. Comparison of two metal-dependent pyruvate aldolases related by convergent evolution: substrate specificity, kinetic mechanism and substrate channeling. 2010, Biochemistry. 49: 3774–3782.