CGIL seminar this week will be presented by Dr. E. James (Jim) Squires
Dr. E. James (Jim) Squires completed his Ph.D. in Biochemistry in 1984 and then did postdoctoral work at the Laboratory of Pharmacology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina. In 1987, he came to the Dept. of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph as an Assistant Professor and was promoted to Associate Professor in 1992 and to full professor in 1997. He became Chair of the Department of Animal Biosciences in April 2014.
His research program is involved with the identification of candidate genes affecting important traits, especially those related to meat quality and metabolic disorders in livestock and the development of genetic markers for use in Marker Assisted Selection programs.
This Friday, Dr. Squires will give us a talk entitled: “Solving the boar taint problem”
As usual, we will also be making this seminar available remotely from room 141 using Fuze. If you wish to attend remotely follow this link: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/18bc389a/31625830. The room will be ready for connecting at around 1pm. Please connect before 1:25 if you plan to do so. Meeting ID is 316-25-830 for those who already have the Fuze client installed which is preferred. Please mute your mic and cam for the presentation itself. You can unmute the mic and optionally cam if you want to speak to the room.
I look forward to seeing each of you on Friday,
News & Announcements
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Computational Biology Position Available
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 1 of 11
- next ›
2017/09/21 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/09/21 - 12:30pm to 1:30pm
2017/10/12 - 12:30pm to 1:30pm