Giovana Vargas, CGIL Visiting Ph.D. Student, will present the CGIL Seminar on Friday, April 13th. The seminar will begin at 1:15 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of her presentation is: "Principal component analysis and genome-wide association study of growth, visual scores and yearling reproductive traits in Nellore cattle".
Giovana Vargas is a visiting Ph.D. student under the supervision of Dr. Flavio S. Schenkel at the University of Guelph. She obtained her bachelor degree in Animal Science from the Sao Paulo State University in Brazil. After that she started her Master’s degree in Animal Breeding and Genetics at the same university. During her Master's, she furthered her knowledge of quantitative genetics and genome-wide association study of visual scores in Nellore cattle. Currently, Giovana is in the last year of her Ph.D., in Animal Breeding and Genetics at the Sao Paulo State University. The aim of her thesis is to identify genomic regions associated with principal components for growth (weaning and post-weaning weight gain), visual scores (conformation, finishing precocity and muscling), and yearling reproductive (scrotal circumference) traits in Nellore cattle.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/04/26 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
2018/04/27 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/27 - 10:30am to 12:45pm
2018/04/27 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/05/01 - 9:00am to 12:00pm