Hinayah Rojas de Oliveira
Friday, December 8, 2017 - 1:30pm to 2:30pm
Hinayah Rojas de Oliveira, a Visiting Ph.D. Student from Brazil, will present the last weekly CGIL Seminar of the Fall 2017 semester on Friday, December 8th. There will also be a brief presentation from Dr. Flavio Schenkel, CGIL Director, with an update on CGIL activities. The seminar will begin at 1:30 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of Hinayah's presentation is: "Lactation curves: A genetic and Genomic Approach ".
Hinayah Rojas pursued her honours bachelor’s degree in Animal Science at the Federal University of Vicosa in Brazil. After that, she started her Master’s degree in Genetics and Animal Breeding at the same university. During her Master's, she furthered her knowledge of quantitative genetics using Bayesian inference. Currently, Hinayah is a Ph.D. candidate at the Federal University of Vicosa and a visiting student at the University of Guelph. She has been working on genomic-enabled predictions and genome-wide association analysis for lactation curves in dairy cattle, under the supervision of Dr. Flavio Schenkel.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze. Following the presentation, a recording will be available for those unable to attend.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (firstname.lastname@example.org)
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/04/26 - 9:30am to 12:30pm
2018/04/27 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/04/27 - 10:30am to 12:45pm
2018/04/27 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/05/01 - 9:00am to 12:00pm