For the next three weeks, we’ll have the opportunity to be part of "Principles of Selection in Animal Breeding" course’s Journal Club once again (Course ANSC*6210; Instructor: Angela Canovas). As last year, all students from the course will present their paper’s review in a short presentation (12 min) followed by an open discussion (8 min) where all of us can participate. This Journal Club initiative will be useful for students helping them improve their oral presentation skills as well as for faculty and staff to keep up-to-date with the current research in our field.
This week, in the 1st Journal Club, we will discuss the following papers:
- Robinson et al. 2016. Benefits of including methane measurements in selection strategies. Speaker: Bayode Makanjuola
- Todd et al. 2014. Genomic selection using beef commercial carcass phenotypes. Speaker: Stephanie Lam
- Windig, J.J., and K. Oldenbroek. 2015. Genetic management of Dutch golden retriever dogs with a simulation tool. Speaker: Shannon Beard
As usual, we will also be making this seminar available remotely from room 141 using Fuze. If you wish to attend remotely follow this link: https://www.fuzemeeting.com/fuze/18bc389a/31625830. The room will be ready for connecting at around 1pm. Please connect before 1:25 if you plan to do so. Meeting ID is 316-25-830 for those who already have the Fuze client installed which is preferred.
Please mute your mic and cam for the presentation itself. You can unmute the mic and optionally cam if you want to speak to the room.
I look forward to seeing each of you on Friday,
News & Announcements
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
- Professor Larry Schaeffer awarded ‘Doctor Honoris Causa’
- U of G Gets $10.7 Million for Genomics Research
- U of G Professor named Poultry Worker of the Year
- Equine Therapy in CBC News
- 1 of 10
- next ›