Dr. Michael Lohuis, the Vice-President, Research & Innovation for Semex Alliance, will present a CGIL Seminar on Friday, May 4th. The seminar will begin at 1:15 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of his presentation is: "If consumers are from Mars, then animal breeders are from...?".
Dr. Lohuis is Vice-President, Research & Innovation for Semex Alliance (Guelph, Ontario, Canada) a global dairy and beef breeding cooperative with sales of genetic products and services worldwide. Semex actively utilizes genetic, genomic and reproductive technologies to accelerate genetic progress for production, health and economic traits in cattle. From 1998-2017, Dr. Lohuis worked at Monsanto company (St. Louis, MO) leading a range of R&D programs in animal and plant genetics & genomics, statistics, patent science and environmental & climate change modeling. Prior to joining Monsanto, Dr. Lohuis was an Assistant Professor in the Animal Breeding Department, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada. He obtained his Ph.D. in animal breeding and B.Sc. in animal science at the University of Guelph. Dr. Lohuis began his career in the Canadian dairy cattle breeding industry as a bull procurement expert and research coordinator of advance reproductive technology trials.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (email@example.com)
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am