At the 25th Equine Science Society Symposium in Minneapolis, Jennifer MacNicol, working with Dr. Wendy Pearson, won the graduate student competition with her presentation “An evaluation of inflammatory and oxidative markers following intense exercise in horses: A pilot study."
The symposium is held every 2 years, usually somewhere in the US. This year there were over 200 presentations from over 120 different institutions.
There were 7 other presentations in the graduate student competition Exercise Science session, from University of Missouri, Michigan State University, Texas A&M, Murray State University, University of Nebraska, and Clemson University. Jennifer’s presentation was ranked 1st by the judges.
News & Announcements
- Graduate Scholarship in Swine Nutrition in Memory of Kees de Lange
- Dr. Donald Grieve Inducted into the Middlesex County Agricultural Hall of Fame
- Animal Welfare Leadership and Innovation Award
- Food Institute Special Project
- Graduate Student Position Available - Animal Breeding and Functional Genomics
- 3MT Winners Announced!
- U of G Researchers Ensure Access to Nutritional Information for Farmed Fish and Aquatic Organisms