Special Project Proposals
The Food Institute of the University of Guelph invites proposals from university faculty, staff and students for special projects intending to elevate the university’s reputation as Canada’s food university, build strategic partnerships with stakeholders, and showcase university food research.
Together we want to transform global food systems and elevate Canada’s place within the global food economy. We will build on the University of Guelph’s world-class strengths in all aspects of food research, education and innovation.
The Food Institute will allocate up to $30,000 for each project. Projects may take the form of special reports, workshops, and digital media campaigns or other unique ideas. Proposals for research projects will not be considered.
Application should be no longer than one page in length and must meet the following requirements:
Outline the purpose and goals of the project.
Detail expected timeline for project execution.
Provide a budget outlining the required costs, with budget justification.
Include a full list of participating faculty and/or staff. The project lead must be a University of Guelph faculty, staff or students. Collaborative work with other institutions is permitted. Projects involving more than one college will be given priority consideration.
Project applications will be considered on an ongoing basis. Each month the Food Institute committee will consider proposals received before the first day of that month. If a project is recommended for further consideration, the project lead will be invited to discuss their proposal with the Food Institute committee before a final decision is made.
Please submit your proposal as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am