Information for Current Graduate Students > Money Matters: Funding Your Education > Fees
All information regarding fees for University of Guelph students can be found on the Student Financial Services (SFS) webpage. Navigating the "Fees" tab on the right will display all of the different types of fees that may be required for payment by you. Additional information regarding the process of Registration, Deregistration, and Reinstatement can be found in the Fees & Payments section of the Office of Graduate Studies webpage.
Fees and refunds are time-sensitive, thus it is recommended that you record any deadlines of payment/refunds that may be important to you.
The "200 km rule"
According to the latest Graduate Calendar, full-time graduate students who live more than 200 km away from Guelph who apply for "full-time distant" status may be exempted from some of the above fees. These students will be responsible only for the tuition, the Graduate Student Association fees, the Medical Insurance and the Dental Plan. Exemption from the other student fees must be requested using the Application for Full-time/Distant Fee Status form, available in Graduate Program Services (University Centre, 3rd Floor).
Payment of Fees
Upon registering for courses via WebAdvisor, you will be able to see the fees charged to you within 72 hours of registration. You may access this upon logging into WebAdvisor, by accessing Student Menu > Financial Profile > Registration Billing. Payments are done on a semesterly basis instead of annually.
There are various methods to pay your fees, including online banking, telephone banking, debit card, and more. Please see the Payments and Settlements page of SFS for all methods accepted by the University.
If you are receiving a Graduate Research Assistantship (graduate stipend), you may choose to allocate these funds to pay for your tuition. More details regarding the payroll deduction and awards options can be found in the Department-specific Information portion of this website.
Failure to pay the fees in full OR arrange for payment with SFS before the published deadline date will lead to financial deregistration. In order to re-enroll in your courses, you must go through the reinstatement process with Student Financial Services.
Students who wish to withdraw from their studies before a certain class day are able to refund all or part of their payment. The Graduate Calendar outlines this process, and the amount of refund received depends on how far into the semester one is. Keep in mind that:
- Organizational and non-academic fees that are not part of the tuition fee are not refundable after the 15th class day.
- Medical and dental insurance is non-refundable after the 5th class day.
- The resource fee for distance education courses is non-refundable after the 5th class day upon dropping the course.
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- Graduate Student Exercise Science Competition Winner at the Equine Science Society Symposium
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm