Dr. Larry Schaeffer, a Professor Emeritus in the Department of Animal Biosciences, will present the CGIL Seminar on Friday, February 2nd. The seminar will begin at 1:15 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of Dr. Schaeffer's presentation is: "Everything you wanted to know about the animal model, but were afraid to ask ".
Dr. Schaeffer completed his undergraduate degree at Purdue University and M.Sc. and Ph.D. at Cornell University. Dr. Schaeffer came to Guelph in 1973, joined the faculty in 1975 and has been retired since 2011. He supervised 34 graduate students and served on over 60 graduate committees. Dr. Schaeffer has published over 170 papers and given over 200 presentations at conferences. He has presented international courses in Norway, Sweden, Germany, the Netherlands, Czech Republic, Switzerland, US, Spain, Brazil, and Australia. As well as being responsible for 1) iteration on data strategy for solving mixed model equations, 2)random regression models, and 3) MACE international sire comparisons. He thanks the Canadian dairy industry, NSERC, and grad students, postdocs, and visitors for research support over 40 years and is thankful to the department for letting him keep his office and to work on sheep, swine, and Atlantic salmon data problems.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am