Saturday, March 3, 2018 - 1:00pm to 4:00pm
OVC Pathobiology AHL Room 1800
“Equine Research Day is a student run event to discuss improving the relationship between people and horses, connecting the equine industry through new ideas and concepts presented by equine professionals. On Saturday March 3rd, 2018 from 1pm-4pm; the BBRM program will be running the third annual Equine Research Day, hosted at the University of Guelph. This year’s research day will feature three key note speakers. These professionals will be discussing their most recent research involving the improvement of equine health and welfare. These events have been focused on spreading new and on-going research with the equine community, this way an audience coming from many different backgrounds can gather to learn, network, and discuss trends and interested presented in the research. Come out to support the BBRM program and learn about current research in the equine industry.”
Alongside professional equine researcher we would like to display student research posters that involve horses. This provides further opportunity for attendees to learn about the equine research that the University of Guelph is involved with, as well as where more research is needed in the industry. By displaying your poster at Equine Research Day, you will be able to practice presenting and answering questions about your research to a small audience in a relaxed atmosphere. There will be a break/intermission throughout the day that will allow the attendees to circulate through the research posters to listen and ask questions.
If you are interested in having your poster displayed at Equine Research Day or more questions about participating in the event please contact:
Melissa McGilloway ( email@example.com) by February 2nd, 2018
More information regarding Equine Research Day will be release leading up to the event through Facebook, Instagram, and Eventbrite:
News & Announcements
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am