CGIL seminar this week will be presented by Dr. Jacques P. Chesnais
Dr. Jacques Chesnais completed his graduate studies in France, where he joined INRA as a research scientist in 1974. He moved to the Animal Research Institute of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada in Ottawa in 1977, to work in dairy cattle research. In 1981, he became Geneticist and later Director of the Genetic Evaluation Division of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, which was responsible for the development and operation of genetic evaluation programs for livestock in Canada. In 1995, Dr Chesnais became the General Manager of the Canadian Centre for Swine Improvement, an organization created by the Canadian pork industry to lead and coordinate the development of swine genetic improvement activities. He joined the Semex Alliance in January 2003, as Senior Geneticist. In this capacity he is responsible for providing scientific guidance to the company’s selection program, and for directing its research and development activities in genetics and genomics.
This Friday, Dr. Chesnais will give us a talk entitled: “Current and future trends in research and development in the dairy cattle breeding industry”.
As usual, we will also be making this seminar available remotely from room 141 using Fuze. If you wish to attend remotely follow this link: https://goo.gl/bxjMY2. The room will be ready for connecting at around 1pm. Please connect before 1:25 if you plan to do so. Meeting ID is 316-25-830 for those who already have the Fuze client installed which is preferred.
Please mute your mic and cam for the presentation itself. You can unmute the mic and optionally cam if you want to speak to the room.
I look forward to seeing each of you on Friday,
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- 1 of 11
- next ›
2017/08/22 - 1:30pm to 4:30pm
2017/08/23 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/08/24 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2017/08/24 - 3:00pm to 4:30pm
2017/08/25 - 9:00am to 12:00pm