Dr. Arthur Gilmour, former Research Scientist at the Department of Primary Industries (New South Wales, Australia), will present a Special CGIL Seminar on Tuesday, May 22nd. The seminar will begin at 1:00 pm in room 141 of the Animal Science & Nutrition building. The title of his presentation is: "ASREML, A Story of REML ".
Dr. Gilmour grew up on a sheep and wheat farm in central New South Wales. He studied Biometry during an Agricultural Science degree at Sydney University and then spent 39 years working as a Biometrician at the Department of Primary Industries in New South Wales. To support his research, he developed software tools, culminating in the program ASReml, which proved usefully worldwide. Since 'retirement', he has continued working with ASReml and has now embarked on a major redevelopment under the name Echidna.
As usual, this seminar will be remotely available via Fuze. Please let me know if you require further instruction on how to connect to Fuze.
Have a great week!
Erin Massender (email@example.com)
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Caitlin Decina and Julia Krumma (Harlander Lab) who won “Best Student Talk” and “Best Student Poster” at the UoG CCSAW Research Day 2018
- Congratulations to Drs. Andronie Verbrugghe and Anna-Kate Shoveller on 2018 Winn Feline Foundation Grant
- Success at Dairy Challenge in California!
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/05/22 - 9:00am to 12:00pm
2018/05/22 - 10:00am to 11:00am
2018/05/22 - 1:00pm to 2:30pm
2018/05/29 - 10:30am to 11:30am
2018/05/31 - 9:00am to 10:20am