Animal Behaviour and Welfare Seminar
"ACS 2.0: Emphasizing the "Services" in Animal Care Services"
Dr. Marcus Litman, Animal Care Services
University of Guelph
Thursday, February 23rd, 12:30-1:30pm,
Room 1800, Pathobiology/AHL, OVC
Dr. Litman is the Veterinary Director of Animal Care Services at the University of Guelph. He graduated from the Ontario Veterinary College in 2000 and spent 2.5 years working in small animal practice in Hamilton before moving to the University of Guelph in January 2003 to take a position as Staff Veterinarian for Animal Care Services. In 2005 he became Veterinary Director, with veterinary responsibility for all animals used in research and teaching by the University. In 2007 he completed a Graduate Diploma in Laboratory Animal Science at the Ontario Veterinary College.
He is a Past President of the Canadian Association of Laboratory Animal Medicine (CALAM) and currently sits on the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association for Laboratory Animal Science (CALAS) and the Governing Board of the International Council for Laboratory Animal Science (ICLAS). Most recently he assisted the Office of Research in the re-organization and re-envisioning of the Animal Care Services Department and sits as co-Director of that unit. His interests include anesthesia, analgesia and environmental enrichment of laboratory animals, training of animal users and public education surrounding the use of animals in science.
Coffee and treats will be served during this seminar - come early, and enjoy!
Be sure to mark your calendar for our last seminar of the semester:
"Introduction to Wildlife Rehabilitation: Welfare and Ethical Considerations,"
Dr. Sherri Cox, Executive Director of Research Innovation at the University of Guelph, Thursday March 30th, Rm 1800 Patho/AHL, 12:30-1:30pm.
Program Organizer: Dr. Alexandra Harlander firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Announcements
- 2017 ASAS-CSAS Graduate Student Poster Presentation Winner is Youngji Rho!
- 2017 ASAS Companion Animal Graduate Student Oral Presentation Winner Cara Cargo-Froom!
- The Canadian Society of Animal Science (CSAS) Young Scientist Award Winner is Angela Cánovas!
- The Poultry Science Association Announces Its 2017 Award Winners - Gregoy Bedecarrats and Haley Leung
- Assistant/Associate Professor: Animal Physiology Position Available
- Global Animal Partnership (GAP) Provides Funding for University of Guelph's Better Chicken Welfare Study
- Interview with an Animal Biology student
- 1 of 11
- next ›