You've been accepted into the graduate program - now what? This section offers information for what you have all arrived here for: your education. All vital information in completing your degree is contained here.
The General Regulations section within the latest Graduate Calendar (updated June 1, 2015) contains a wide range of general information for graduate students at the University of Guelph, including much of what will be provided below. Please take the time to read this document; useful bits of information from this document will be summarized below.
Furthermore, this slideshow created by the Assistant VP of the Office of Graduate Studies concisely summarizes the graduate student experience as well as offering a few tips and tricks in making the most out of your program academically.
- The Student-Advisor Relationship - What is expected / should be considered, and tips & tricks for a healthy relationship between you and your advisor.
- The Advisory Committee - Information on selection of advisory committee members, required paperwork, and organizing committee meetings.
- Courses - General guidelines and information on the enrolment in courses for the graduate student. Includes guidelines in using the Graduate Calendar.
- Writing Your Research - Information on writing and submitting your thesis or major paper.
- Defences & Qualifying Exams - Information on defending your thesis and/or completing your qualifying exam.
- Rubric for QE Major Examiners - Rubric for Major Examiners to use for Qualifying Exams
- Rubric for QE Minor Examiners - Rubric for Minor Examiners to use for Qualifying Exams
- Rubric for QE Advisors - Rubric for advisors to use for Qualifying Exams
- Scholarly & Professional Development - In addition to services and training to aid in your research during your degree, this page features workshops and modules to help prepare yourself for professional life upon graduation, including topics on leadership, networking, self-marketing and more.
News & Announcements
- Congratulations to Patrick Birkl for receiving the Best Student Presentation Award!
- Welcome Lee-Anne Huber!
- Tina Widowski awarded the OAC Alumni Association Distinguished Faculty Award for Extension
- Congratulations to Dr. Grégoy Bédécarrats for Receiving the 2017 Novus Outstanding Teaching Award!
- Studying animals (on an individual scale) with biosensors
- Graduate Seminar at Vern Osborne's Farm July 21, 2017
- Jean Szkotnicki Inducted into the Canadian Agricultural Hall of Fame
- 1 of 12
- next ›
2018/03/23 - 1:15pm to 2:25pm
2018/04/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/05/18 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/06/15 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm
2018/07/20 - 2:30pm to 3:30pm